So it turns out that it is not only March now, but March 5. Once again I am, in fact, overdue for my monthly review. I didn’t want to let it go, however, because monthly reviews are one of my favourite traditions.
Here’s how it works – every month I come up with some things I learned, and not always the easy way. Then, I ask you all to join in with some recent revelations of your own. Or this time, perhaps you can share some less-than-recent revelations that occurred over the past year. Either way, we all learn and grow and what-not. Or at least share a laugh at our own expense, because some of these lessons are both hard-fought and funny. Sound good?
So, without further ado, here is what I learned in February – or some of it, anyway.
What I Learned Last Month
1. When renovation work started (and then stopped) on my ensuite my husband and I spent two weeks sleeping in our family room. We re-discovered the joy of a bedroom door that closes when we decided we might as well move back upstairs while we try to resolve our home improvement fiasco.
2. Speaking of that home improvement fiasco, I learned that I really should listen to my gut and ask more questions.
3. One of the bright spots of the month was re-discovering just how flipping cute kindergarten crafts are. How can I be sad when “thumb-body” loves me?
4. I became the mother of a nine-year-old.
5. My garlic told me that spring is coming … and hopefully, soon.
6. I fell head-over-heels in love with VSCO Cam (and I have not been compensated in any way for that statement).
7. I learned that sometimes all the pretty makes up for having to drive up to campus for an early-morning class.
8. I felt very proud of myself for squeezing into my wedding dress … until I inhaled a little too deeply and ripped a seam.
9. I found the world’s most perfect flower pot for a tea lover such as myself.
10. After repeated experiments I confirmed that yes, there is such a thing as too many gummy bears. I also confirmed that this knowledge won’t stop me from eating too many again on my next outing.
I’ve shared what I learned – what did you learn in February? Leave a comment and tell me! Or, if you’d like to play along by writing a review post of your own, link to it in the comments. And please feel free to grab the button from the top of this post.