A little over 6 months ago I experienced a skin-care revolution. I tried washing my face with honey. I read someone else’s experience online. Like me, she had sensitive easily-irritated skin, and she was raving. I was somewhat skeptical, but thought I would give it a try.
I have to say, it is the best thing ever! I don’t use make-up, so I’m not sure how it would work if you did, but otherwise it’s brilliant. Almost immediately my skin became less blotchy. It is no longer oily or dry, even at the end of the day. It felt really weird at first, since it’s so totally different than the foamy face wash products I have been using for decades. But now, I can’t imagine using anything else. Here’s some great things about honey:
1. It’s cheap! You can buy a jumbo jug for $12.00 at Costco, which lasts you for months and months.
2. It’s completely natural. You’re not exposing yourself to perfumes, dyes, or chemicals.
3. It’s a natural humectant, which means that it attracts and retains moisture. But it isn’t oily or greasy at all.
4. It has antiseptic properties, so it kills nasty bacteria.
5. It works as an anti-irritant, calming your skin.
6. It tastes great, if you happen to get a little bit in your mouth.
Containing the stickiness has been a bit of a challenge, but otherwise I just love this so much. 6 months later, it keeps getting better. I am a true convert, I don’t think I will ever use a commercial face wash again.