It’s been a couple of months now since I blogged my last personal happiness list. I’m feeling like it’s time to re-visit it, and remind myself about the things that are going well in my life. Who couldn’t use a little hit of positivity once in a while? There’s all kinds of research to show that it’s very good for you. Plus, it’s just plain fun.
Let’s get the joy party started, shall we?
My Happy List
- The first baby carrots and raspberries are now ready in my garden.
- My four-year-old son’s pride about his music class certificate of completion.
- Listening to my eight-year-old daughter practice her song for the school talent show (she’s singing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”).
- The books in George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series.
- The return of True Blood to my TV.
- New sunglasses.
- Long, sunny days, perfect for after-dinner trips to the playground.
- Home renovations that are kicking off in earnest this week.
- All the parts for my new wardrobes, waiting in my garage.
- The broccoli plants that are starting to grow in earnest, and which I will soon be enjoying.
- A work get-together today with my fabulous VancouverMom.ca teammates Chris Pilkington and Bianca Bujan.
- The Peaceful Parenting Mini Retreat I attended this weekend, which I’ll be writing more about soon.
- The way my daughter reminds me every day about our annual tradition of getting Slurpees on the last day of school (the only Slurpees we ever get, in fact, hence her excitement).
- The way my son insists on talking to the monsters every night, telling them, “I will always protect the world!”
- Good chocolate.
- Feeling on the same page with my husband.
- Kids’ artwork, covering my house.
What about you – what’s on your happy list right now? I’d love to hear!