Following my pity party yesterday, I’m feeling like it’s time to pause and count my blessings. And the perfect way to do that is to write my personal happiness list. I could really use the chance to focus on the things that are great in my life, which really are much higher in number than the things that aren’t, dental surgery notwithstanding.
Let’s get the joy party started, shall we?
My Happy List
- A whole bunch of new books waiting for me on my iPad.
- Fresh, homemade chocolate ice cream in my freezer.
- The way my son puts his soft little hand on my cheek.
- Cherry blossoms and daffodils.
- A fuzzy red sweater to keep me warm on a chilly spring day.
- The way my husband’s eyes crinkle in the corners when he smiles.
- The fresh, clean smell that follows a rain shower.
- My Anne Boleyn tea cup, which I’m pretty sure is the best tea cup ever.
- Sweet little oranges.
- The way my daughter climbs trees and swings on monkey bars.
- The little seedlings, which are going strong in their seed-starting trays.
- Having too much work to do, which is really a positive sign.
- Anticipating my upcoming birthday.
- A sewing cupboard full of fabric just waiting for me to make something.
- The new shoes I bought myself last week.
- Rocking tunes to clean by, which (almost) make me enjoy washing dishes.
- Having the chance to work with people I genuinely like and respect.
- Dreaming summer vacation dreams.
- My mother, who turns, um, 39, today. Happy birthday, Mom!
What about you – what’s on your happy list right now? I’d love to hear!